Today Miami Design District has meet the TOP Interior Designer Traci Connell. On this interview you will know more about the best interior design projects that she’s made and also see all about her inspirations.
See below the Traci Connell interview:
1. How and why did you get into the design Industry? Where did you study, etc?
Design has always been a passion for me and I was formally trained as an elementary teacher. I took the creativity factor out of the classroom and decided to put my eye for design to use as a business.
2. How would you describe your design style? How varied are your designs? Do you have a signature touch with your designs?
Our firm specializes in clean, classic transitional design combined with a bit of the unexpected. Color palettes are typically soft with a punch of color and full of texture. We pride ourselves in the ability to create versatile spaces from ultra modern to soft traditional while keeping function in mind.
3. What do you love about being a designer? Where do you draw your inspiration from?
A dear friend once encouraged me to try and make money at something I love. What a novel idea… but it’s working. I feel so fortunate to run my own design firm and collaborate with my talented team daily. My design work is inspired from avant guard fashion, striking color contrasts in art or nature and unique applications in architecture /travel… a bit of red wine (:
See also: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH THE TOP INTERIOR DESIGNER: MARTHA O’HARA
4. What are some of your most popular designs/projects? Tell us a bit about some of your designs/projects and what you love about them. What’s your favourite and why?
One of our most popular projects and certainly a favorite of mine is a new construction home located in Fairview, Texas. The build process was three years and no detail was unturned. The color palette is grey and white with a touch of yellow. I love the fact that my client just wants “to hang out” with me even though the project is completeJ. The kitchen just won an ASID first place award for Traditional Kitchen for the state of Texas.
5. Is there anything exciting that you are working on at the moment that you can tell us about?
Currently, we are working on a condo at The Mansion at Turtle Creek highrise where we have been contracted to design a full renovation and furnish the entire space.
6. What colours, textures and furniture pieces do you love the most?
Currently we are using a lot of grey as our neutrals along with almost every secondary color out there! My favorite furniture pieces are comfortable, yet classic… timeless but inviting.
7. What is your philosophy on design and life?
“In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different” –Coco Chanel
8. What are your design dreams/goals?
My business aspiration is to grow my firm to about 6-7 people in order to handle larger projects yet keep a boutique, personal feel for our clients.
See also: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TOP INTERIOR DESIGNER: THOMAS PHEASANT
9. Describe yourself in three words.
Classic with a Twist
Did you enjoyed this interview with the world recognized interior designer, Traci Connell? Keep following us and don’t forget to subscribe, please. I will release more exclusive interviews with awarded interior designers and more interviews with the Best Miami Interior Designers. By the way, follow our partner too: http://www.miamidesignagenda.com